[0.15.8] fps/ups longdrop

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.8] fps/ups longdrop

Post by DeathMers »

IDK if it is bug or just some kind of performance issue, so i post it here.

After 0.15.0-1 i got performance boost from 35 -ish fps/ups to around 45-55 fps/ups. It changed worse only if i zoomed out cause of logirobot mayhem, and got better zoomed in.

After 0.15.7 and 0.15.8 i got fps/ups drop to 25-35 top after like minute-two playing game, and its stable drop with 0.1 changes over time, mo matter zooming position.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.8] fps/ups longdrop

Post by posila »

Hi, not sure about issue with zooming out, it maybe just sheer amount of things that need to be render, or there is known performance problem with rendering smoke ... we did some changes in 0.15 that should make this better.

As for slowdown in 0.15.7, there was a fix for biters getting in middle of nowhere and deactivating. Part of that fix was activating all such biters and making them find a spawner and return to it. It turns out this may causes severe perfomace drop until all biters go back to their spawner. But it should fix itself after some time. Alternatively running command to kill all biters (if you don't care about blocking achievements in that save) should fix the issue. Also if you can post your save here, so we can confirm that is really the cause of slowdown and that it fixes itself in time, it would be helpful. Thank you :)

DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.8] fps/ups longdrop

Post by DeathMers »

I haven't played last few updates, but i played i think 0.15.11 and I haven't noticed this issue anymore.

Thank you.

Return to “Pending”