0.15.5 - Stopped But Already In Progress Research RESET

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

0.15.5 - Stopped But Already In Progress Research RESET

Post by Trepidati0n »

Was working on Kovarex research (~80% complete) when I switched off of it because I was running low on resources (gold bottles). Came back to it later and the progress reset. I did a search but did'nt find this in resolved bugs or known bugs. Not sure how to repeat this one.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.15.5 - Stopped But Already In Progress Research RESET

Post by steinio »

Trepidati0n wrote:Was working on Kovarex research (~80% complete) when I switched off of it because I was running low on resources (gold bottles). Came back to it later and the progress reset. I did a search but did'nt find this in resolved bugs or known bugs. Not sure how to repeat this one.
I was not sure about this until you had the same issue. Sometimes brains tricks us.
Can confirm at least in 0.15.4. Now i'm finished with it.

Maybe it only resets the Kovarex research because Kovarex is not a nice person :)

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Search for "research saver" mods. I don't know if they have been updated for 0.15 though.

I agree that this should be fixed in vanilla though. Halfway through a massive 600 blue research I realize I do actually want to research the 50 red/ 50 green personal battery.. but I'm stuck either waiting for or canceling the long research :(

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you have a way to reproduce it getting reset? Because it should never get reset - all progress is saved between switching.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Selvek wrote:Search for "research saver" mods. I don't know if they have been updated for 0.15 though.

I agree that this should be fixed in vanilla though. Halfway through a massive 600 blue research I realize I do actually want to research the 50 red/ 50 green personal battery.. but I'm stuck either waiting for or canceling the long research :(
Nope the research saving is implemented in vanilla. You don't need to wait until it's finished but with the Kovarex research :)

Greetings, steinio.

View unread Posts

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

steinio wrote:
Selvek wrote:Search for "research saver" mods. I don't know if they have been updated for 0.15 though.

Nope the research saving is implemented in vanilla. You don't need to wait until it's finished but with the Kovarex research :)

Greetings, steinio.
Can you reproduce the problem? Because it works just fine when I test it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

working fine for me. Kovarex Enrichment research is expensive. (1500)
did you note your progress when you switched?
it takes a bit for the progress bar to even move.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Rseding91 wrote:
steinio wrote:

Greetings, steinio.
Can you reproduce the problem? Because it works just fine when I test it.
No,sorry. All other research saved fine, changed a lot so far.

View unread Posts

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trepidati0n »

Rseding91 wrote:Do you have a way to reproduce it getting reset? Because it should never get reset - all progress is saved between switching.
Sorry for the delay..but no. I haven't seen the issue repeat. Elusive it is. Next time I started it I made sure to finish it.

Return to “Pending”