[0.14.22] LAN browser can't distinguish between 2 servers on same IP

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.14.22] LAN browser can't distinguish between 2 servers on same IP

Post by HOSH »

Moved from Technical Help to Bug Reports --daniel34
Running 2 servers on the same IP but different port will only show 1 server in LAN browser with alternating names.

Interesting find, unknown if the Devs have seen this or not. Just testing multiple games on one linux server using so dual core 4GB ram on a Intel 4590T proc. I plan on moving it to my R710 with the x5675 and giving it more ram soon, but it will only have one NIC either way.

First of all I am running Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS all updates on one VM for the game server. I am using the git/Bisa/factorio-init and git/narc0tiq/factorio-updater to load and update the server so far so good in testing.
Just an FYI mods are all of bobs + a few others... Version running is the headless 0.14.22 and they both are authenticating find with my token to show online public. (you can see them searching my username but they are password protected)
Game one is in /opt/factorio running service factorio.service on default port 34197
Game two is in /opt2/factorio running service factorio2.service on port 34199

I have both setup on-line public and they show as separate games running on the same server and we can connect to both at the same time using on-line public.

The fun little issue I found is that when searching for a LAN game on my network it show both games in one server line and is flipping between the two different server names about every second or so. I have not tried to join either as who knows what game it may join me to, so I go online and I can join the proper one. Does this have something to do with it being on the same IP or same NIC?

Just trying to help out if no-one has saw this before.

PS we were using windows server and direct connect to the server IP and port before so we never saw this as we never published it as a LAN or on-line Public game.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Interesting find LAN game multiple games/1 server

Post by daniel34 »

TL;DR Running 2 servers on the same IP but different port will only show 1 server in LAN browser with alternating names.

I think that qualifies as a bug, but I'm not 100% sure.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Interesting find LAN game multiple games/1 server

Post by HOSH »

I finally took some time to search for this over in the bug section, but was not able to find it. Can someone move it over to the bug section or do I need to start a topic over there?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.22] LAN browser can't distinguish between 2 servers on same IP

Post by daniel34 »

Moved.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Thanks

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

I can't reproduce this. You said you're running your servers in a VM – is it possible the VM's network configuration is somehow causing this?

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Could be as I do not rule anything out until I exhausted all options... Running VMWare Workstation 12 Pro on that particular box, working on moving it over to a ESX 6 box soon so I can test there as well. I have the network adapter on that VM setup for a bridged connection to my LAN so it should skip all machine settings. The Ubuntu server is set as as static IP on my 192.168.17.0/24 network. The issue showed with the built in firewall set to allow all or restrict just what I set to allow.

Return to “Pending”