[0.12.26] Desync on modded MP

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.26] Desync on modded MP

Post by tetryon »

I was on a modded MP dedicated server (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15488)
I had been logged on - no problems. I then restarted the server, and connected back up, but then got into a desync loop immediately after joining.

Attached is a zip of the desync report.
There aren't really any steps to reproduce the issue, other than try to connect as me to the server.
I restarted my client - still had the same issue.
Finally, I restarted the server, and the issue went away.

Also, not sure if this is related, but when other players click on the DyTech button, it immediately causes a desync for me, and just me. Fwiw, I was the first player on this map. Not sure if that's a DyTech issue or not, or related to this loop, or not.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] Desync on modded MP

Post by Rseding91 »

If you can find a method to reproduce the issue I can take a look at it. Most likely it's one of the mods causing it (not written correctly) however until there's a method of reproducing it there's not much I can do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

Ok i just experienced the same. Some times Players are able to join and Play normal, other times they get in a "desync Loop". Our Clients including me are using steam release to join.

Factorio 0.12.29 x64 Linux headless, on a Debian System.
- RSO 1.5.0
- Railtanker 1.1.3
- Warehousing 0.0.6

Map was started on 0.12.27.
Players Report that after killing the factorio process and starting Factorio again the Problem is gone and they can Play. I am not sure if some Kind of "Connection state" is saved even after quitting Server, and this is giving a Problem on next join. Cause when they are "dropped" by killing it works.

I will provide log files asap.

@tetryon: what mods are you using? as we have only few we may shrink the number of possible mods.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(31 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Last edited by Grey on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Also make sure each player has identical mods. Just because the version numbers are the same doesn't mean someone hasn't modified them over the other players.

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

i just experienced myself and i am Server admin. So i have same mod versions as on Server, right now steam Downloads files again. Not sure if something got corrupted. Regarding the mod versions, shouldn't that be checked before join with that "mod incompatible" message?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Grey wrote:i just experienced myself and i am Server admin. So i have same mod versions as on Server, right now steam Downloads files again. Not sure if something got corrupted. Regarding the mod versions, shouldn't that be checked before join with that "mod incompatible" message?
There will be a mod integrity check in 0.13.

For now it only checks mod versions - so if someone edits RSO config (or server has a different one) then you will get either instant desync or some time in future.

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

i actually dont think that this is related to the mods. As after 3-4 game restarts its mystically working.

Edit: it seems that the Problem gets worse as the savegame growths. Is it possible that the game "lags" when loading the map on join? So the Server/other Clients want to start, but the Client who just connected Needs some more time to actually start the Simulation, and therefore gets immediatly desync?
Attachments
mods.zip
(10.73 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
mods_server.zip
(10.73 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Grey wrote:i actually dont think that this is related to the mods. As after 3-4 game restarts its mystically working.

Edit: it seems that the Problem gets worse as the savegame growths. Is it possible that the game "lags" when loading the map on join? So the Server/other Clients want to start, but the Client who just connected Needs some more time to actually start the Simulation, and therefore gets immediatly desync?
Try removing the rail tanker mod. It's not written correctly to handle MP last time I looked at it as it messes with entities during the on_load event when it shouldn't be.

Return to “Pending”