[1.1.74] Crash to desktop when saving

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
UlyssesSword
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.74] Crash to desktop when saving

Post by UlyssesSword »

I was playing a modded game (Space Exploration), and went to save from the menu. Instead, it crashed.

I've attached the log, the .tmp file, and the most recent autosave

EDIT: the autosave did not upload, likely because it's ~200 MB. I've made a local backup.

I loaded the save and took the same actions (as well as I can remember), but it did not crash again.
Attachments
Space Cheat 0.6.tmp.zip
(18.37 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
factorio-current.log
(44.7 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

UlyssesSword
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.74] Crash to desktop when saving

Post by UlyssesSword »

Just had a second crash to desktop. This one was on a different game with the same mods, and it was triggered by an autosave instead of a manual save.

I've uploaded the logs and .tmp file again, and archived (but not uploaded, because they're 140 MB) a copy of the most recent savefiles for that game.
Attachments
_autosave1.tmp.zip
(13.02 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
factorio-previous.log
(35.64 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
factorio-current.log
(43.92 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Based off where it is crashing it is extremely likely your system is unstable. Possibly a bad CPU or RAM overclock, or bad hardware such as RAM.

Have you had any other crashes on this computer in other pieces of software? Are you currently overclocking your RAM or CPU? I would also try running this https://www.memtest.org/
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

UlyssesSword
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UlyssesSword »

It's probably bad ram.

I ran the memtest as you suggested, and it found a few errors (It's not overclocked, aftermarket, or otherwise suspicious. As far as I can tell it just happened.). It also isn't common: there were around 1-2 crashes per year before the two in the last two weeks. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, I'll have to do something about it before a more serious error occurs.

Return to “Pending”