[1.1.88] Crash of headless in HR mode if any sprite over SR pixel limit

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.88] Crash of headless in HR mode if any sprite over SR pixel limit

Post by Mernom »

Seems like dedicated servers don't care to increase their sprite size limit when set to HR mode, while still loading the HR graphics.
See picture: loading HR graphics, yet the sprite size limit is 2048.
Screenshot_2022-11-17_070903.png
Screenshot_2022-11-17_070903.png (63.52 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
Setting the server to SR graphics allows it to load normally. Same setup in a normal instance of the game doesn't cause any issues.

Recreating it should be as easy as setting up a dedicated instance with SE installed, and set to HR graphics.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dedicated servers crash when attempting to boot in HR mode if any of the graphics go over the pixel limit for SR gra

Post by Loewchen »

Post the complete log after a session with the issue AND a save file to sync the mods please, see 3638.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Dedicated servers crash when attempting to boot in HR mode if any of the graphics go over the pixel limit for SR gra

Post by Honktown »

Reproduced:

Here's my config if needed:
config.ini
(50.49 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Installing SE, setting high sprite animations and 2048 atlas size seems enough to trigger it.

Game loads fine (and uses a 4k atlas), but headless:
factorio-current.log
(46.07 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

I also posted in the other thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=108170
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.88] Crash of headless in HR mode if any sprite over SR pixel limit

Post by Rseding91 »

Since a headless instance of the game can't read GPU info it's forced to fully use the values provided in the config file. In a graphics version of the game it sees that a given GPU can actually use a larger atlas size and does so to improve performance.

The "fix" here is to just not set the atlas size at all in the config and let the game figure out the best option it can.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”