[1.1.70][switch]All controls have stopped working except touchscreen and Home button

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
glorygunk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.70][switch]All controls have stopped working except touchscreen and Home button

Post by glorygunk »

This happened in 1.1.69 as well.

What: All buttons on left and right controllers cease working. Game is unplayable. Only controls that continue to work are the touchscreen, and the Home button to escape the game. When escaping the game, all buttons work correctly, such as to select different games and to adjust settings.

When: Intermittently, I cannot figure out a pattern. Controls have stopped working on the Main menu screen as well as in game.

Additional: Occurred in 1.1.69 intermittently when in game, sometimes the controls would just start working again after 15 minutes or so of not working at all. Just updated to 1.1.70 have been waiting for 60 minutes. The controls still do not work. I cannot advance past the Main menu unless I touch the screen.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.70][switch]All controls have stopped working except touchscreen and Home button

Post by Twinsen »

What configuration are you using? Switch Pro Controller, Switch Lite, Detached Joy-con controllers, Attached Joy-con controllers?
Can you try changing configuration, for example attaching/detaching the Joy-Con controllers.

Unfortunately without more details I can't figure out what could be the issue.

_dentist_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.70][switch]All controls have stopped working except touchscreen and Home button

Post by _dentist_ »

Hey

It's because your other controller (probably gamepad pro) turned ON while you were playing on your SWITCH with regular gamepad.

It happened to me today twice....

Just turn your external gamepad OFF

Cheers

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Should I consider this not a bug?
How do other games handle this situation?

Return to “Pending”