[1.1.57] Crash in HeatBufferManager: "Didn't record all update indexes" while building nuclear plant

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Vxsote
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.57] Crash in HeatBufferManager: "Didn't record all update indexes" while building nuclear plant

Post by Vxsote »

While playing a game with Space Exploration and related mods, the game crashed while I was building a nuclear plant via copy/paste using a personal roboport in an asteroid field:
4841.986 Error HeatBufferManager.cpp:368: Didn't record all update indexes: 14 != 15.
I had previously pasted the ghosts and was returning from a quick trip to get more materials. I probably used the jetpack to return to the area where my plant was being built, but I do not remember if I had deactivated or reactivated it near the time of the crash. The primary items being placed at the time were heat pipes and condensing turbines. I believe all of the heat exchangers had been placed previously.

I briefly tried to reproduce the problem but was unable.

The full log is attached, and I put the most recent autosave, mod list, and dump at https://www.dropbox.com/s/iunxnpc3cmul2 ... h.zip?dl=0.

Edit: heat exchangers, not boilers.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(44.95 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.57] Crash in HeatBufferManager: "Didn't record all update indexes" while building nuclear plant

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I'm not able to spot anything in the code that would cause this issue and without a way to reproduce it my only thoughts are some kind of single-event-upset and or the beginnings of failing hardware.

If you do find a way to reproduce it please let us know. Other than that, you can try running some hardware tests and see if anything gets spoted. Memtest86+ https://www.memtest.org/ is a common one.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”