[1.1.53] Crash cancelling map load with escape (Chart::flagForDelete)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.53] Crash cancelling map load with escape (Chart::flagForDelete)

Post by DoubleThought »

What did you do?
I opened the game. I loaded the last played map by pressing [E]. While the bar was full, I pressed the [esc] key.

What happened?
The game crashed.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected that the map loading would cancel, returning me to the main menu.

I've attached the log file (factorio-current.log) and the save file (Space Exploration.zip). I was not able to reproduce this bug with a fresh world, but I was able to reproduce this bug with this saved game, once. Now, when attempting to reproduce this bug, pressing [esc] causes the map loading to cancel, returning me to the main menu.
Attachments
Space Exploration.zip
(51.97 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
factorio-current.log
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Crash cancelling map load with escape (Chart::flagForDelete)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can't find any possible way for the logic to crash where the stack trace says it crashed. Have you had any luck reproducing it after the 2 times you had it happen?

At the moment my only guess is system instability on your end... but that's a very specific crash to have happen twice and canceling loading has historically been a common place to have issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DoubleThought »

I've reproduced the crash again, using the same procedure and the same world (I've since loaded and played the same world for a couple hours, then saved it). It might be that there's a small timing window where pressing escape causes this crash, and I'm able to reproduce it by chance while loading a large save file.
Attachments
Space Exploration.zip
(52.69 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
factorio-current.log
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DoubleThought »

I'll update to the latest experimental to see if I can reproduce it there. I'm suspecting either a corrupted executable or some sort of weird overwriting of the call stack, since the stack trace is weird.

E: I've updated, but wasn't able to reproduce it for a bit. It's possible it'll crash if I try again later, though. Or if there's weird overwriting of the call stack, then it's possible that the update shuffled things around so that it's overwriting something else. Or it's possible that updating fixed the possibly corrupted executable. We'll see if it happens again, I guess.

DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DoubleThought »

I re-downloaded 1.1.53 and wasn't able to reproduce the error again. So I guess this may as well be moved to 1 / 0 magic unless it pops up again?

Return to “Pending”