[1.1.53] Rounding fluid amount in rolling stock

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.53] Rounding fluid amount in rolling stock

Post by TheoMarque »

What did you do?

Created setup to transfer fluids like blood flow in the pulmonary and systemic circulations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circulatory_system.
But in "heart" I have a problem with amount of fluids. All conditions are like is full, is empty.

What happened?

Train filled in refinery reports 300k of fluid in whole rolling stock. It fulfil "is full" condition ad go to transfer station (heart). After arrive starts unloading by pumps until "is empty" condition will be fulfilled. Condition is OK and when is empty - goes back to refinery. Second train (brand new, placed on station, so EVERY wagon is empty ) fill by pumps only to 299k of fluid.. But signal reports 300k of fluids. Train have condition "is full" but this condition will be never met because train have only 299k of fluid.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

Transfer every unit into second empty train. Pumps are empty. Tested on other similar station - all behavior is the same.
Tested it on editor but in editor works as intended. Weird.
I do not have an idea how to debug what is wrong and where fluids are gone.
Something useful is every wagon reports 50k of fluid but if its connected with loco - loco reports only 49k of fluid.

UPDATE:

Found an issue. Connected pumps into tanks. After train unload, tans gui reporting 50k of fluids but signal is 299934 units of fluid...

Where are my 66 units of fluid? Flushed tanks and after tanks are empty (0) some fluid flow from pumps and yes, every tank have 10,9 units

of fluid 6 tanks with 10,9 of fluid is... 65,4 units that not flown into tanks. Root cause found but how to resolve?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.53] Rounding fluid amount in rolling stock

Post by Loewchen »

As far as I understand it you made these two observations:
- Fluid values shown in the GUI are rounded up while they are rounded down in the circuit network
- Fluids can often not be completely removed with pumps
both are known and not bugs though.
TheoMarque wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:11 pm
Where are my 66 units of fluid? Flushed tanks and after tanks are empty (0) some fluid flow from pumps and yes, every tank have 10,9 units
I don not understand what you are doing here, what tanks are you flushing? Which pumps have the fluid? Maybe you can post a save and an exact description what to do.

TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheoMarque »

- Fluids can often not be completely removed with pumps
This. But pumps not reporting that contain any fluid.

Some units of fluid stayed in pumps. Now I would like record a video what's going on but... after restart game bug doesn't occur. Weird. Confusing.
Mark this post as "not a bug" if I notice next time I give you more information. Now, workaround is filling pumps with some fluid before first train and all works as usual.
What I need now, any way to show whole numbers without rounding (for example in debug mode). If you can, look into mechanics of pumping fluids into tank and pumping fluids into tank wagon. There probably will be some distinction.

TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheoMarque »

Problem occured again!

https://youtu.be/xqu9mQrVNYU

If something is nonsense or bad - tell me what.

Return to “Pending”