drawing.draw_text != fog_of_war [new API parameter]

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

drawing.draw_text != fog_of_war [new API parameter]

Post by XaLpHa89 »

Drawing does not disappear in the fog of war. Is there an option that I have so far overlooked to turn off the drawing in the fog?

Code: Select all

/c rendering.draw_text( { text = game.player.selected.force.name, target = game.player.selected, target_offset = { 0, - 3.7 }, surface = game.player.surface, color = { r = 1, g = 1, b = 1 }, scale = 2, alignment = 'center' } )
20210718184232_1.jpg
20210718184232_1.jpg (82.34 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Last edited by XaLpHa89 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: drawing.draw_text != fog_of_war

Post by Qon »

I think lines are always not drawn in FoW, so not sure why it's different (if it is). Lines can be drawn on top of entities and below, is it the same for text? Does that alter how text is affected for FoW maybe? Just throwing guesses out of things I would test.

XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Parameter draw_on_fog

Post by XaLpHa89 »

Qon wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:37 am
I think lines are always not drawn in FoW, so not sure why it's different (if it is). Lines can be drawn on top of entities and below, is it the same for text? Does that alter how text is affected for FoW maybe? Just throwing guesses out of things I would test.
Your thoughts were correct, with the parameter draw_on_ground I was able to draw under the FoW. Although it solves my problem, it just looks ugly. I would like to draw above the player and below the FoW. I think a new API parameter "draw_on_fog" is needed.

LuaRendering.draw_text

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: drawing.draw_text != fog_of_war [new API parameter]

Post by ssilk »

moved from suggestions to modding interface requests
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Modding interface requests”