Module filter for research labs

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Module filter for research labs

Post by lovely_santa »

In angels there is some agriculture, I recently added an agricultural module, which is basically a high yielding productivity module without speed restrictions, accounting the low yield in the recipes without these modules. Since these modules are quite OP, they are of course limited to only a selection of recipes.

I now have a bug report where they can be use in the science labs as well... Could an optional field allow_in_lab be added such that they cannot be added to labs? Another solution would be to have an additional effect 'Research' such that it can be filtered out.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Module filter for research labs

Post by Deadlock989 »

We talked before about how module limitations are useless for both labs and drills because they are recipe-based, which means any module will always work in any lab and any drill because they don't use recipes.

I would have more use for a way of limiting modules to specific drills than specific labs, so if this is ever addressed, it would good if it addressed both labs and drills.

Return to “Modding interface requests”