Request to allow defining an optional start_target instead of start_position when setting player controller to cutscene

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Request to allow defining an optional start_target instead of start_position when setting player controller to cutscene

Post by asher_sky »

TL;DR
When setting player controller to cutscene, I would like to be able to set the start_position to an entity target, like you can do with waypoints (position or target).

What ?
Currently, the start_position of a cutscene can only be a position, but individual waypoints can have either a target entity or position. I'm requesting to add start_target as an optional property alongside start_position so that the cutscene can start by following an entity, not just going to a position.
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... controller
Why ?
I think adding this optional property will add value to cutscenes, and has lots of opportunity for creative cutscene use.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Request to allow defining an optional start_target instead of start_position when setting player controller to cutsc

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to modding interface requests.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Modding interface requests”