Read access to the HeatBuffer for HeatInterface and Reactor entity prototypes

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Nathan S
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Read access to the HeatBuffer for HeatInterface and Reactor entity prototypes

Post by Nathan S »

Maybe I'm not looking in the correct spot, but I can't seem to find the heat_buffer properties on heat-interface and reactor entity prototypes during the game.

For calculator purposes, I want to be able to read max_temperature, specific_heat, max_transfer, default_temperature, and min_working_temperature.

I think the most logical way to expose this would be through the heat_energy_source_prototype of these LuaEntityPrototype tables.

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Read access to the HeatBuffer for HeatInterface and Reactor entity prototypes

Post by curiosity »

No offense, but why is this still not implemented? People keep asking for it in discord. This is a trivial request to expose existing prototype values to Lua.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Read access to the HeatBuffer for HeatInterface and Reactor entity prototypes

Post by Rseding91 »

The main limiter is those are not heat energy source prototypes (they are heat buffer prototypes) so the existing API to read the energy source doesn't support adding them in. A new API would have to be added to read those specific ones and nobody has done that yet.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding interface requests”