belt_immunity flag for character

kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

belt_immunity flag for character

Post by kizrak »

Hello Engineers!

I would like character/player prototype or API to include a belt_immunity flag please.

I understand there are workarounds with Car#has_belt_immunity and Belt_immunity_equipment. I'm kindly asking for a character/player prototype/api flag please, not a car or equipment workaround. I'm open to other ideas.

Previous research: Option in prototype for units to be immune to belt movement
and Search: [character|player] [api|prototype] belt immunity for similar requests.

Thank you very much !
-Kizrak

thuro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: belt_immunity flag for character

Post by thuro »

To add, use cases for this is are the Von-Neumann probe mod and the Space Exploration mod. These are mods where the player is bodyless and therefore cannot use the belt immunity equipment workaround. It is disorienting (and counterproductive) for a player with no physical manifestation to experience sudden motion from a belt. Since there is no indication of the player's location (other than approximate center of the screen), or a player is granted super speed, this is jarring to the player. A quick flag to the player would solve this without making changes to both control.lua and data.lua. Ideally, a toggle such as the 'disable logistics' and 'disable exoskeleton' buttons would exist.

Another use case would include mods where the character is flying but not in a vehicle (jetpacks?).

kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kizrak »

kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kizrak »

THANKS 🎊✨🎉 0.18.33 !

Return to “Implemented mod requests”