Generator entity tweaks.

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Generator entity tweaks.

Post by bobingabout »

effectivity tag is mandatory... Why? just default it to 1.
IIRC, this issue can be solved very easily, I'm fairly sure I've even submitted a PR for this first one in the past, it's a single line change.

maximum_temperature is mandatory, but in burns_fluid mode, isn't used.
Change it to not be needed in burns_fluid mode?

fluid_usage_per_tick is also mandatory, yet shouldn't be needed if scale_fluid_usage = true, and max_power_output is set. (Consumption rate can be calculated from the currently burning fluid.)
(The reverse is actually true, max_power_output isn't needed if fluid_usage_per_tick and a specific fluid are specified)
this issue could be solved by borrowing logic from the fluid_energy_source. it already handles this situation. https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/EnergyS ... e_per_tick

The main reason why these issues come up for me is because I'm trying to balance my fluid burning generators in my power mod.
The first 2 are a pest, the last one is a bit of a roadblock, I want to set things up the same as my fluid burning boilers, that just use however much fluid they need to produce the desired quantity of power needed to produce the desired quantity of steam.
But not knowing the fuel value of "All the fluids" that could be in the fluidbox means... well... I have to set it to infinite, or at least some silly high value.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Generator entity tweaks.

Post by Bilka »

effectivity tag is mandatory... Why? just default it to 1.
IIRC, this issue can be solved very easily, I'm fairly sure I've even submitted a PR for this first one in the past, it's a single line change.
This was done in 1.1.93.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Modding interface requests”