Voidable burnt result in crafting machines

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Voidable burnt result in crafting machines

Post by Linver »

Hi!
I want talk about Prototype/Item in particular of burnt_result.
Days later I found in the situation where I have an assembler that use a kind of fuel (fuel category), with only one fuel-item in that category initialy designed to give a burnt_result, after doing that I discover that inserters can't take burnt_result out from the assemblers. Ok, the initial walkaroud was remove the burnt_result from the fuel-item initialization and add the item given from the burnt_result inside the results of assembler's recipe, this not solve the problem, because this item is used for fuel an equipment item too. Second walkaroud, re-add burnt_result in the fuel-item initialization,
what did I expect?
- That in the equipment burnt inventory will be given the burnt_result and the assembler will work.
What happen?
- The equipment works, the assembler will stop after the first cicle, because don't have burnt inventory slots where put the burnt_result given from the fuel-item used.
My final solution?
- Don't give burnt_result in the equipment item and inform the user that exist a game limitation on this implementation.

The fact that the the assembler will stop to work and for work again must be unbuilded, is weird, this problem can happen too if some mods wrongly mix inside the same fuel-category items that can/can't give burnt_result. I suggest to void the burnt_result in Prototype/CraftingMachine if they don't have burnt_inventory_size(or zero slots) in the Types/EnergySource definition.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Voidable burnt result in crafting machines

Post by Linver »

darkfrei wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:18 pm
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=81457
Yeah that is the topic.
The "invariant solution" is not very good, because leave the problem, crush the game could inform modders about the problem but still.
Anyway what Deadlock said in the last post, about that fuel items should be used only in generators like entities is right, but not complelty, in my case the problem come out from a Prototype/AssemblingMachine used like a generator, because I have to transform water into steam with a recipe with some other ingredients (also I want remember that Prototype/Boiler is a very limited prototype, because can't have an animation and boil only water).

Return to “Modding interface requests”