better trigger/actiondelivery documentation

Place to report issues and suggest improvements to the API documentation.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

better trigger/actiondelivery documentation

Post by ownlyme »

it's pretty unusable.. i'm serious .. sorry :/
especially it should be structured in a reasonable way .. maybe some kind of virtual sandbox where you can just put something together, seeing what goes in where...
and the descriptions are not always too comprehensive

btw: the force: "not-self" property seems to prevent harm to the shooting entity (tank).. its a bit confusing that it's under force but i'm actually glad i found a property that does this...
edit: i misinterpreted my testing results, force = "not-self" works as it sounds, not damaging entities of the same force, my damage came from a different source. sad. guess we need another flag to prevent self-harm them.
Last edited by ownlyme on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: better trigger/actiondelivery documentation

Post by Rseding91 »

There is no documentation for triggers in the lua-api page. So, any documentation that exists is going to be on the wiki.

As far as I know, the wiki is just "these are the properties" and there is no "documentation". There is no "documentation" for prototype properties anywhere - just listings of properties in what something has (if the wiki has it).

Turns out, I was wrong about everything I said. Some of the other team members have written documentation about the triggers for the Lua API and have written some documentation about prototypes on the wiki.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Hey, which documentation do you mean? Wiki/lua-api.factorio.com both somewhat document it. What exactly are the problems and what would you suggest to improve the documentation?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/TriggerItem
there are just too many sub-articles...
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

What would you suggest to improve the page?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Documentation Improvement Requests”