unpowered combinators

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

unpowered combinators

Post by ichVII »

I know this is an old topic and the devs have decided to let unpowered and marked for deconstruction combinators remain in their last state.

I would like to be able to create a mod, that changes that behaviour. Meaning make them (a) work like normal or (b) dont send a signal anymore. Either of those options would help me a lot. I tried setting active=true for a combinator marked for decon, but it achieved nothing.

I can remove all wires, which almost has the desired effect, but if a non-marked-for-decon entity is only wired to entities, which are just getting marked for decon, it can not use the provided signal the very next tick. After that tick, everything is great. But that tick is very important in my setup.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: unpowered combinators

Post by DaveMcW »

Workaround:

1. Set the combinator's output signal to nil.
2. Cancel deconstruction
3. Next tick, re-apply deconstruction.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

There's on-construction events that can be applied (a mod I played with prevents building certain things in places). That kind of behavior is used in a bunch of mods.

If a combinator is marked for deconstruction, replace it with a blank version if the signal is not nil. That would probably work and prevent an infinite deconstruction loop.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Cutting all wires on marking as deconstruction entity?

Return to “Modding interface requests”