Roboport charge rate modifier

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Amuxix
Inserter
Inserter

Roboport charge rate modifier

Post by Amuxix »

Hi, would it be possible to add a modifier type to allow changing the rate at which roboports charge robots?

I was trying to make a mod to go along with Klonan's robot battery research, increasing robots battery makes it take very long to charge robots once they run out.

I would like a way to decrease that time, I thought about making the robots more efficient but I think it's more fun to keep the energy usage and just make the charge faster however I found there was no way to do this at the moment.

Thanks!

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboport charge rate modifier

Post by Honktown »

Check out Better Bots Technologies. Certain building properties are "baked" at start-up, and the charge rate is linked to the roboport, not the robots. That mod replaces the roboports when certain techs are completed. Doing it that way has a nasty side effect that if you remove the mod without using an in-game clickable feature to reset the roboports to the base roboport, all the replaced roboports get removed (leaving you with none).
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Amuxix
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Roboport charge rate modifier

Post by Amuxix »

Well all prototypes have their properties set at start-up, but some of them can be modified if the relevant modifier is available, this a request to expose a modifier to one more property.

Actually I would love something more generic to change any property of any entity/prototype, but that might be way harder than it's worth.

Return to “Modding interface requests”