LuaEntity: alt_info_shift property

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

LuaEntity: alt_info_shift property

Post by raiguard »

Hello. I would like to request an addition to the LuaEntity prototype that allows one to offset the alt info display from the center of the entity. The reason is because I am making a complex multi-part entity, which needs an alt-info display, but the only entity that can display it properly is very off-center from what the player sees:
2019-08-04 14_37_53-Factorio 0.17.62.png
2019-08-04 14_37_53-Factorio 0.17.62.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
I would love to be able to move the alt info display back to the center of the visible entity to make it look right.

Thanks!
Don't forget, you're here forever.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: LuaEntity: alt_info_shift property

Post by posila »

Which entity type do you need it for? Crafting machines (assembling-machine, furnace, rocket-silo) and Lab have entity_info_icon_shift

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

In this case, it's an infinity container.

Edit: I don't see entity_info_icon_shift anywhere in the prototype definition docs...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Raiguard wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm
Edit: I don't see entity_info_icon_shift anywhere in the prototype definition docs...
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Cra ... icon_shift ? The lab page isn't updated yet, change was on Friday...
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Bilka wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:55 pm
Raiguard wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Cra ... icon_shift ? The lab page isn't updated yet, change was on Friday...
Don't mind me, just being blind... :oops:

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Hey, so it turns out I won't need this after all... I figured out that I can actually just place the chest right in the middle without any issues. It would probably be nice for this to be implemented for all entities, but I personally don't need it anymore (for now). Thanks! :D

Return to “Modding interface requests”