Block map opening

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Block map opening

Post by Cooldude2606 »

Currently we are able to disable the mini map however there is no clear way to stop the main map from opening. Could we have open_map added to input actions so that we can disallow the action for a permission group?

Since we have access to LuaPlayer::open_map and LuaPlayer::close_map would it be possible to have an event for on_player_opened_map since the map is not considered a gui according to defines.gui_type and so cant be used with on_gui_opened.
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Block map opening

Post by Rseding91 »

But why?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

I was making a scenario where it would be easier to have all players on the same force but hide the map so that they dont know where other players are. It would have been easier as I had no reason to have every player on a different force in order to hide location and explored chunks.
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Staplergun »

Isn't there a permission group to disable this?

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

Staplergun wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:45 am
Isn't there a permission group to disable this?
Based on the documentation there is one for every gui but not for the map.

Return to “Modding interface requests”