Allow inserters to take from burnt_result_inventory

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Allow inserters to take from burnt_result_inventory

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Hi, I hope this is the right place, because it is not an interface, its more an feature?

I would like to ask if it would be possible to let the inserts remove items from the burnt_result_inventory?

It would make life easier for my mod, or others that have a similar idea.
On trains, cars, this works, because it is the only output_inventory, so I bet the inserter only check on one inventory for performance reasons, so I know I ask for somthing thats can be counterproductive in this regard, but I have to :)

At the moment my solution is a runtime script:
https://gitlab.com/AmatorPhasma/apm_fac ... serter.lua
I know that anyone who has seen this, will jumping up from his chair, waving his hands in the air and starts screaming!

I have to implement many functions thats the game allready has: filter checks as an example, and all this eats someones cpu :> (on my end this runs with ~0.35ms sometimes a peak of ~0.75ms)

I don't know how inventories handled inside the code, but eventually is it possible to add the burnt_result_inventory as an instance of the output_inventory on entities?

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Allow inserters to take from burnt_result_inventory

Post by mrudat »

They already can?

I added a burnt_result_inventory to a train, and it works just fine.

Nuclear reactors work as expected, I believe.

What I think doesn't work (well?) is having an output inventory and a burnt result inventory.

CyberWizard2261
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Allow inserters to take from burnt_result_inventory

Post by CyberWizard2261 »

I have the same problem: I made furnaces that use hydrogen bottles as fuel and the inserters just don't take the used bottles from the used fuel inventory I really would like to solve this problem without a runtime script

Return to “Modding interface requests”