More shortcut button API features please

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

More shortcut button API features please

Post by GotLag »

I've been experimenting with shortcut buttons and there are a few features I feel are currently lacking.
I think these are pretty obvious so they're probably already on somebody's to-do list or even being worked upon, but:
  • Respect the prototype's technology_to_unlock setting - currently this does nothing
  • Relatedly, "not yet enabled" functionality should be separated from "not yet able to be added to the shortcut bar"
  • Allow buttons to be enabled/disabled via script, and possibly add a start_disabled setting/flag to the prototype so the button can be enabled by script instead of by a technology
  • Allow toggleable to work with lua buttons, and provide API functions to read (and write) button state, presumably by having the event return a LuaShortcut entity or something
  • Minor feature: ability to create custom shortcut styles (eg style = "green")
Apologies for the rambling semi-incoherency :)

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: More shortcut button API features please

Post by GotLag »

Gah, I looked at the API but didn't find the shortcut features because they're in LuaPlayer for some reason:
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... ut_toggled

Return to “Modding interface requests”