"allow_as_intermediate_only_when_no_alternatives" recipeflag

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

"allow_as_intermediate_only_when_no_alternatives" recipeflag

Post by Reika »

Basically a variant of "allow_as_intermediate", but which only deprioritizes the recipe for intermediate crafting, rather than making in not usable entirely. So a white-belt-to-yellow-belt recipe might be still able to be used to craft red belts, but only if there are no ingredients with which to craft yellow belts the "normal" way.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "allow_as_intermediate_only_when_no_alternatives" recipeflag

Post by darkfrei »

Reika wrote:Basically a variant of "allow_as_intermediate", but which only deprioritizes the recipe for intermediate crafting, rather than making in not usable entirely. So a white-belt-to-yellow-belt recipe might be still able to be used to craft red belts, but only if there are no ingredients with which to craft yellow belts the "normal" way.
With default value:
item.manual_intermediate_priority = 5

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The way the crafting system works this isn't possible and re-working it to be possible isn't something i think is worth it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

This is one of those ancient bugs from bob's mods again... "I have wood in my inventory, but I can't craft a circuit because I'm not carrying synthetic wood", in this case, there were 2 circuit board recipes, one to make it out of wood, the other out of synthetic wood, and for some reason the circuit recipe was ALWAYS using the circuit board recipe that used synthetic wood, not regular wood.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 am
This is one of those ancient bugs from bob's mods again... "I have wood in my inventory, but I can't craft a circuit because I'm not carrying synthetic wood", in this case, there were 2 circuit board recipes, one to make it out of wood, the other out of synthetic wood, and for some reason the circuit recipe was ALWAYS using the circuit board recipe that used synthetic wood, not regular wood.
Yah, they'd need to do pathfinding through the ingredients graph from the desired product to the player's inventory. Doesn't seem that hard, but I don't know the code now so the changes could be daunting.

Return to “Modding interface requests”