Update Mods Individually

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Update Mods Individually

Post by Ober3550 »

I tried searching through the forums to see if someone had already requested this. But the way the game is currently you can only update all mods and sometimes thats not the best sollution for overhaul mods. For example I've been working on my own mod that relies on bobs and angels (an older version) and if for example bobsmods removes the electrum recipe that angels relied on aswell as my overhaul mod (its not required anymore) you only want to update the balancing mod.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Update Mods Individually

Post by Reika »

Ober3550 wrote:I tried searching through the forums to see if someone had already requested this. But the way the game is currently you can only update all mods and sometimes thats not the best sollution for overhaul mods. For example I've been working on my own mod that relies on bobs and angels (an older version) and if for example bobsmods removes the electrum recipe that angels relied on aswell as my overhaul mod (its not required anymore) you only want to update the balancing mod.
Or if your Factorio/mods folder is also your dev workspace for your own mods, and "updating" from the portal would overwrite your actually-newer copies.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is one of the things that I've wanted to improve on for a while now but as with most things I just need to find time to work on it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, the mod portal does leave much to be desired. however, I must admit that it is a huge step up that we even have one from where things were before.
We're still in beta, keep giving suggestions and ideas, and it might slowly become even better over time, perhaps the best mod portal to exist!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”