modifier request

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

modifier request

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Hi,
I want to make research mod that increases train max_power with a modifier like breaking force is increased by a modifier .
I would also like another modifier for max_speed also for a series of research tech , and maybe a efficiency one (to lower in order to balance the other 2 going up)
(and maybe another chain of tech for better efficiency) .

i know that adding more powerful faster trains is an option but at some point it turns in a witch hunt of old trains and in bug bases that is slow
this approach is more linear and allows prelongd usage of vanilla trains

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: modifier request

Post by Rseding91 »

While I could implement this it would have potential performance implications for all trains regardless of it being used by a mod. So, I'm not convinced yet.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (or any other rail management game) has some sort of mechanism to automatically replace trains when they stop at the next station. Which to me sounds like a better solution to that problem than infinetly faster trains.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

what I'd want is for Grid equipment to be able to increase a train's max speed too. Currently, the exoskeleton equivalent only increases the power, which works for tanks as their max speed is determined by power vs resistances, so it tops out, and the equipment increases the point where it tops out. But for a train, it just makes it reach it's existing top speed a little faster.

It shouldn't be too hard to do, I mean, Fuel can increase the maximum speed.

I'm not against the original request either, I'd use it if it was available.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

eradicator wrote:Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (or any other rail management game) has some sort of mechanism to automatically replace trains when they stop at the next station. Which to me sounds like a better solution to that problem than finely faster trains.
well i wasn't planing of making it infinitely faster since i already have a supersonic train mod
i just want to increase the speed from 257(max vanilla) to like 400 ( high tech science pack)
and the research will be expensive and have draw backs
more power ans speed but efficiency decreases by 30-40%

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:what I'd want is for Grid equipment to be able to increase a train's max speed too. Currently, the exoskeleton equivalent only increases the power, which works for tanks as their max speed is determined by power vs resistances, so it tops out, and the equipment increases the point where it tops out. But for a train, it just makes it reach it's existing top speed a little faster.

It shouldn't be too hard to do, I mean, Fuel can increase the maximum speed.

I'm not against the original request either, I'd use it if it was available.
the tech way i think is better since u dont need to insert manually equipment in all trains since as far as i know there is no way to auto insert equipment in locomotives
there is a speed cap so power vs resistances isnt the only thing that matters .
power vs resistances influences acceleration ,fuel increases acceleration mostly and when it comes to speed the increase is very small

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Rseding91 wrote:While I could implement this it would have potential performance implications for all trains regardless of it being used by a mod. So, I'm not convinced yet.
ok i sorta understand what u mean (train pat finding ) might need to run to much i guess?

Return to “Modding interface requests”