Fixed effect for beacons as prototype

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Dustine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Fixed effect for beacons as prototype

Post by Dustine »

What I want to do: A beacon entity that projects a pollution-clearing effect by itself, not requiring (or allowing) modules to do so.

As in, how you can do fixed_recipe on assemblers to lock them into one specific recipe that the player can't change, I'd hope that there would be a prototype property to fix beacons to project effect(s) from the get-go, without using modules.

Right now to replicate this effect I'd had to insert module items inside this beacon entity when placed on the world, somehow avoid players from being able to take the modules out (disable interface, no idea how to go about inserters), and destroy the beacon's inventory when you deconstruct or remove it. Possible in script but very hacky.

Final note, I don't mean using allowed_effects to filter what effects this beacon entity can emit, I mean outright projecting a predetermined effect (or several, I only need one for my usecase). As if you crafted the module into the beacon before placing it, if that makes sense?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fixed effect for beacons as prototype

Post by Rseding91 »

Is there a reason you don't use an entity with a negative pollution value in the prototype? Similar to how trees work?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Dustine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Fixed effect for beacons as prototype

Post by Dustine »

Rseding91 wrote:Is there a reason you don't use an entity with a negative pollution value in the prototype? Similar to how trees work?
Because as far as I know pollution, once created, counts for the evolution factor. And that's okay, but it means I don't want to clear pollution, but reduce how much of it is produced.

Return to “Modding interface requests”