Dependency list: recommended version

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Dependency list: recommended version

Post by lovely_santa »

Hi,

So if I want a mod, despite the version of it working with my mod. Apart from that I would like to give a suggested, recommeded version to play on.
unknown.png
unknown.png (112.87 KiB) Viewed 536 times
For example, I got a mod that works with angelsrefining anyway, and say for example angelsrefining implemented something 'special' in version 0.9.11 that I would recommend for my mod, that wouldn't effect the mod what so ever.

So, If I want to do so, i would have to make 2 different dependencies, one to require the mod (with minimal requirement if needed) and another one saying what the recommended version is.

We had a discussion about this on discord and it seems multiple mod creators would love such feature:
- It could be displaying something like: Optional dependencies: angelsrefining (0.9.11 recommended)
- Or even with dependencies as of now: angelsrefining >= 0.9.11 (0.9.15 recommended)

Would this be a feature that could be implemented (looking at RSeding :geek: )

Kind regards,
lovely_santa
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Return to “Modding interface requests”