Extent permissions command to mods

Things that we aren't going to implement
Maharaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Extent permissions command to mods

Post by Maharaja »

will be nice if modders have exess to the /permissions command / ui to make there own permissions
we run a server with a GUI speed mod but all members of the server can use it and change the speed to what they want
will be a nice addition if a modder can say i want this to hide behind a permission so only people in 1 group can use it

so make the /permission UI accessible to modders plz

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Extent permissions command to mods

Post by Rseding91 »

That's completely up to the mod to limit it to people that should have access.

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56757#p341124

Additionally: mods will never have access to base game GUIs because they're 2 completely different systems that are incompatible.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Maharaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maharaja »

so your making a cool permission system and mods can not even use it for there selfs to enable or disable things
thats kind of sad :(

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Kind of but not really. The current permissions system is built completely on top of "input actions" that the game generates from your keyboard/mouse input.

An example: the recipe GUI in the game that lets you pick recipes shows all of the unlocked recipes and you're asking to also let it show technologies. Except that's completely outside the realm of what that logic was built to do and would require completely re-doing it.

The current permissions system is built on top of input actions and you're asking to add mods into it and that's completely outside the realm of what it was built to do and would require completely re-doing it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't implement”