Capsule Action

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Capsule Action

Post by Rage »

In reference to viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55652 .

I'm thinking this could work similar to how surface::create_entity works.
It would work as if the player clicked on the location with the appropriate capsule.
Required parameters would be position and type.
Going off what's in the item\capsule.lua prototype, allowed values for type would be: throw, equipment-remote, destroy-cliffs, and artillery-remote.
Further required parameters would then be based off the type, similar to how create_entity's further parameters are based on the entity type.
Throw would require attack_parameters, which its self would require a projectile.
Equipment-remote would require and equipment parameter
Destroy-cliffs would require a radius and attack_parameter
Artillery-remote would require flare

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Capsule Action

Post by bobingabout »

capsule-action is literally just a method to let an item in the players hand turn into a projectile, like you're throwing it.

what you're trying to do there sounds like it would be best achieved if you actually just created a projectile at the source with a destination of your target (Which I'm fairly sure you can do in scripts)
You don't need any actions, that's just a method to let the game create the projectile in an automated way.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I can set this up but it's always going to require you associate applying a capsule action to a character, god controller, biter, or turret.

Would that still be useful to you?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

Rseding91 wrote:I can set this up but it's always going to require you associate applying a capsule action to a character, god controller, biter, or turret.

Would that still be useful to you?
Not gonna lie, complete for got about this whole project until today.
No, it's no longer useful.
My goal was to be able to create artillery targets that the game would automatically fire at. The flare being a particle was correct I just was correct, I just wasn't including the force variable. That's now fixed and it's working. Now I just need to get the for loops to behave.

Return to “Modding interface requests”