simple-entity-with-animation

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

simple-entity-with-animation

Post by Bilka »

I am looking for an entity that can have collision, selection, working sound, render_layer, and most importantly animation and unit_number (and a bunch of other stuff whcih should just be inherited from entity, such as map color, minable, collision mask etc). I am requesting this because i currently use an electric pole and smoke to replicate this, by picking the wanted things from both of the entity types. Due to the removal of "smoke" in 0.16 this will no longer be possible, so i need an alternative. The simple entity with animation would have all the properties i need all in one, so it would no longer have to use two entities.

I think that the simple entity with animation will also be useful to other mods that work with more than one entity stacked on top of each other by providing an easy way to give the entity stack an appearance and most importantly collision and selection.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”