Applying doppler effect to sounds emanating from trains

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Karakaz
Inserter
Inserter

Applying doppler effect to sounds emanating from trains

Post by Karakaz »

I have no idea how difficult it would be but it would be really cool to have the doppler effect applied on sounds emanating from trains dynamically. The pitch would need to be dynamically adjusted based on the relation to the player.

Engine sounds, ambient train sounds, horn etc. would sound so awesome with the effect and it would be more attractive to make these kinds of mods :)

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Applying doppler effect to sounds emanating from trains

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Very interesting idea. I'd like to actually have the effect also occur from things like tanks and cars. Would add another element of realism to the game.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Applying doppler effect to sounds emanating from trains

Post by Zanostra »

I happend to notice the doppler effect when walking bij de laserbeams from Klonan's construction drones mod.
And I wondered if it was my imagination.
Turned out that it was not.
The only mention of it that I could find is in the update notes of version 0.18.2
The ability to turn off the Doppler effect in Lua, used for the Substation so far.

Return to “Modding interface requests”