Modding: on_recipe_change / on_entity_settings_changed

Things that we aren't going to implement
Zomis
Inserter
Inserter

Modding: on_recipe_change / on_entity_settings_changed

Post by Zomis »

For Scripting and Modding it would be helpful if there would be an on_recipe_change event so that mods can easier keep track of which machines are producing what. (It's difficult to keep track of this now as it can change at any time for any machine that has at some point been selected)

Cost to implement: Low, I believe it should be very quick and simple to implement.

Effect of having implemented this: More interesting mods.

Edit: Realized that `on_recipe_change` is a more specific version of the more generic possible `on_entity_settings_changed`
Last edited by Zomis on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Scripting/Modding: on_recipe_change event

Post by Tekky »

You may want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Modding interface requests sub-forum.

EDIT: Meanwhile, it seems that the thread has been moved by a moderator. Thanks.

Zomis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zomis »

I wanted this addition for my What is missing mod, but as it was not available I had to write code to loop over all interesting entities and check their recipes, so one entity is checked each tick and when it runs out of them it starts over.

All this for a simple "on_recipe_change" event.

Zomis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zomis »

A more generic version would be "on_entity_settings_changed` which could be called also for combinators changing settings and other things. This would be even more helpful.

Return to “Won't implement”