[0.13.6] Tree entity saved from fire will never burn again

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.13.6] Tree entity saved from fire will never burn again

Post by devilwarriors »

Hi,

not sure if this is exactly a bug, or if there a way to prevent this, but let's see..

So I made a fire extinguisher mod -> https://mods.factorio.com/mods/devilwar ... tinguisher

and the way it work is by destroying every entity of type fire that it find in a zone.

The bug that I just found work like that :
- first spray a small forest with the flamethrower and let it burn a few second to make sure the "fire-flame-on-tree" entity propagate to every tree in that forest.
- then use my mod to extinguish every fire in that forest before all the trees turn to black burned out tree.
- Some trees are already burned out, but most of them are still exactly like before, "tree-02-red" and such, and should burn again if you use the flamethrower on them again.

The bug is that now every tree in that forest is forever immune to fire and the "fire-flame-on-tree" will not propagate there anymore.
You could spray every inch of that forest with the flamethrower and the forest would stay exactly the same as before, once the fire is out.

This is kind of breaking my mod :\
Is there anything I can do to mark those tree as flammable again or is that really a bug?

Thanks!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.6] Tree entity saved from fire will never burn again

Post by Klonan »

While not really a bug, this does seem like some poor behaviour,

I will move this to modding interface requests for now, I know posila wanted to work on a way to make burnt trees able to burn again

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Klonan wrote:While not really a bug, this does seem like some poor behaviour,

I will move this to modding interface requests for now, I know posila wanted to work on a way to make burnt trees able to burn again
Alright, thanks!

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi i think technically, you may have actually made a 2nd mod....which allows for research of "Fire Resistant Tree Coating" :)

(i also often find myself running around a clump of trees, trying to chop ahead with an axe, to stop the spread of fire, especially after using an orbital ion cannon, so might try this or your chainsaw mod) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

haha yeah I wonder if that would work.. like it would set the tree on fire and extinguish it right away making it fireproff.

Return to “Modding interface requests”