prevent nauvis from generating?

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Tonkers
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

prevent nauvis from generating?

Post by Tonkers »

Hi,

I'm trying to prevent Nauvis from generating in the first place, since it seems to take quite a bit of time to do when launching a new game and my mod is using it's own new surfaces without nauvis. Currently, I'm just deleting chunks after they are generated, even though nothing is generated except for empty tiles.

Code: Select all

local defaultSurface = game.surfaces[1]
	local gen_settings = defaultSurface.map_gen_settings
	defaultSurface.map_gen_settings = gen_settings
	for chunk in defaultSurface.get_chunks() do
		defaultSurface.delete_chunk({chunk.x, chunk.y})
	end
I have to start a new game during development and debugging, I've done it already 500 times, possibly going to go into the thousands in the future while making this mod, and each new game generates a new map unnecessarily adding to development time exponentially.

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: prevent nauvis from generating?

Post by curiosity »

Tonkers wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 am
adding to development time exponentially
:shock:
...how?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Tonkers wrote:
I have to start a new game during development and debugging, I've done it already 500 times, possibly going to go into the thousands in the future while making this mod, and each new game generates a new map unnecessarily adding to development time exponentially.
Hold CTRL when pressing 'New Game'

Tonkers
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tonkers »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:01 am
Tonkers wrote:
Hold CTRL when pressing 'New Game'
Ha! AMAZING!! I learn something new every day even still about this game. Thanks!

Tonkers
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tonkers »

curiosity wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:00 am
Tonkers wrote:
adding to development time exponentially
:shock:
...how?
ok, fine, exponentially may not have been the best word, but during times of frustration, people tend to exaggerate a bit about things, as I probably did :D But honestly, cutting off 30-60 seconds on each iteration multiplied by hundreds or even thousands of times generating a new world, the time adds up, just maybe not exponentially :|

Return to “Modding interface requests”