Support for activation capsules to allow list of activated equipment

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Hanakocz
Inserter
Inserter

Support for activation capsules to allow list of activated equipment

Post by Hanakocz »

Hello,

currently the remote button capsule supports exactly one armor equipment to activate. This is a bit problematic in a case where I want to introduce multiple tiers of same active defense equipment. Then I need one remote capsule item for each tier of the grid equipment. And especially if I have in one armor grid multiple tiers of the module, I need to actually carry and use multiple remotes at once.

Ideally, I would want to insert a list of equipment that is triggerable by one remote, so this same remote can run tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4 etc items in your armor. Only one piece of equipment still should be activated per click, just the list of linked equipments should be altered.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/Activat ... suleAction
equipment : allows either type/string, or type/table of string of names of equipment modules (compared to current only single string).

Alternatively, table of tables of {name = Prototype/Equipment, priority = number}, where one could define which module is looked for first and thus executed with first remote usage.

Return to “Modding interface requests”