Increase max logistic filter count above 1,000

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Increase max logistic filter count above 1,000

Post by doktorstick »

Howdy.

The APi for set|get_personal_logistic_slot notes the slot_index is a uint. In practice, you'll get a Factorio error if it's greater than 65K. In reality you cannot add more than 1000 items to the personal logistics, which is too limiting.

I argue that it's too few because mods such as Krastorio 2 plus Space Exploration alone have near 1400 items that can end up in your inventory, and trying to maintain some semblance of organization (for instance, mirroring the crafting rows / columns) overflows the capacity. Of course I wrote a mod (unpublished until this is resolved) to automatically manage my personal logistics for me...

As for the fix, I would like the limit to be removed, pushed much higher (e.g., the 65K boundary), or allow mod authors to increase the number of logistic slots beyond the base game's maximum. Choices #1 or #2 would be preferred because combining tens or hundreds of mods--while each under the limit--can push it above the limit, and which of those authors should code choice #3?

Thanks,
/ds

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Not enough personal logistic slots // API mismatch

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This sounds like a suggestion, not a bug?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Not enough personal logistic slots // API mismatch

Post by doktorstick »

That's semantics. It's a bug if the intent was to manage your items. It's a suggestion if a limit of 1 or 10 or 1000 was purposeful game design.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.57] slot_index in get_personal_logistic_slot(slot_index) is not uint

Post by Klonan »

doktorstick wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:24 pm
In practice, you'll get a Factorio error if it's greater than 65K. In reality you cannot add more than 1000 items to the personal logistics, which is too limiting.
Internally the max is a uint16_t, so erroring above 65K is correct.

The max count is specifically set at 1,000, so it will fail if you try to set it higher than that.
As for the evaluation that it is too limiting, well we can think about it,
However as for now, nothing here is a bug, so I will move this to modding interface requests

Icnivad
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Increase max logistic filter count above 1,000

Post by Icnivad »

Is this cap something that can be modified by the config file or a mod at this point? I'm running into it as well. My use case is that I'm using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/plethora- ... logistics/ which adds a logistic entry for every item in the game. It's super helpful for the big overhaul mods.

Return to “Modding interface requests”