Evolution and pollution statistics

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Ritn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Evolution and pollution statistics

Post by Ritn »

Hello,

I've been developing a mod for 2 years.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RitnTeleportation

It allows players to create their own map just like it does in solo. Each player who connects can create his own map and through teleportation portals join the map of another in this way.
In addition to the map created for the player, I create a force on behalf of the player as well as an enemy force dedicated to this map.

Precisely my problem comes from the enemies and especially from their evolution.
Indeed, the evolution is dedicated to the map because I use the

Code: Select all

on_chunk_generated
event to change the strength of the spawners by the strength created for this map.

Evolution by time is set to 0 because a player present on the server will evaluate the enemy strength of other players who are not connected at that time.

Evolution by destruction works correctly, no worries on that side.

The evolution by pollution poses a problem, because the pollution is calculated globally on the part and not by map. suddenly the pollution factor increases exponentially according to the pollution generated by all the players.

So my question is, is it possible to make pollution / map stats and not for the whole game globally?

origin:

game.pollution_statistics
change to:

game.surfaces['my_surface'].pollution_statistics
My but is of course that the evolution is equivalent to a solo game for each of the maps.

thank you.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Evolution and pollution statistics

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Your post could've used some better formatting or something to better highlight your request.

For others, the tl;dr is this:
Ritn wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:35 pm
So my question is, is it possible to make pollution / map stats and not for the whole game globally?

That said, I think it'd be nice to see this as well.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Evolution and pollution statistics

Post by Stringweasel »

This would be super useful for Space Exploration for example, having pollution per surface essentially. Curious if this is at least being considered for 1.2, because I'm hoping it will include mutliple surfaces as well :D
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Return to “Modding interface requests”