Expose drag-and-drop list to Lua

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Expose drag-and-drop list to Lua

Post by curiosity »

What I am asking for is for LuaGuiElement to support a rearrangeable list, like the one used by the game to display train schedule.

asiomido
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Expose drag-and-drop list to Lua

Post by asiomido »

i too would like to see this

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Unfortunately there is no generic drag-and-drop list. Every one you see in the base game is a custom implementation based off the way it needs to be used in that GUI.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by curiosity »

Even exposing the train schedule list may be enough for some cases. Though, IMO, maybe not at the cost of having to maintain it for backward compatibility if/when a proper drag-and-drop list is added.

And then again, if there isn't one currently, doesn't mean there can't be one. Even when it will take some doing.

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

+1 for this request.

I am currently attempting to recreate the effect used for the toolbar shortcuts selection window.
But I had to compromise with "up/down" buttons because there is no way to drag an element within another.
I have seen other mods, such as factory planner, which have also required this compromise.

My best efforts
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

Return to “Modding interface requests”