New prototype request: filterable-selection-tool

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

New prototype request: filterable-selection-tool

Post by raiguard »

I would like to request a new selection tool, one that has the ability to use deconstruction planner filters, but will raise the selected area event instead of deconstructing. It would be immensely useful for users to be able to customize what they select for certain mods, and right now the only way to do that would be to make a separate prototype for every possible combination of entities in the game, which would be 2^n prototypes. Not to mention all of the possible filter modes... Having the ability to use decon planner filters would open up many possibilities.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

meifray
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New prototype request: filterable-selection-tool

Post by meifray »

I think deconstruction tool+event handling might do the work,but I also think if we can split it into different item type will be better.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Deconstruction planners do not fire the events. Those only fire for selection-tool items.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Deconstruction planners fire on_marked_for_deconstruction. You can probably make that do what you need with enough hacking.

Return to “Modding interface requests”