Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.

Re: Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Postby Reika » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 am

Rock (the simple-entity type used for decorations) variant, akin to tree_color_index. Both setter and getter. That way moving them can preserve the shape.
Reika
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Postby IngoKnieto » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm

entity.neighbour_bonus
and maybe
entity.heat_buffer

I would love to be able to control the performance of a nuclear reactor by accessing and modifying it's produced heat, and I suppose these properties would allow to do that...

EDIT: After taking a closer look, I think entity.consumption and entity.burner.effectivity is what I would need to accomplish this.
Last edited by IngoKnieto on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
IngoKnieto
Inserter
Inserter

Postby Reika » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

"Max speed" of cargo wagon, locomotive (and maybe car if applicable/inherited)" on the LuaEntityPrototype, in my case for distinguishing "technical" trains (ie ones only used because the entity needs to be of train type) and "real" ones; max speed for the former is likely to be zero.
Reika
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Postby Nexela » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 am

Reika wrote:"Max speed" of cargo wagon, locomotive (and maybe car if applicable/inherited)" on the LuaEntityPrototype, in my case for distinguishing "technical" trains (ie ones only used because the entity needs to be of train type) and "real" ones; max speed for the former is likely to be zero.

luaentityprototype.speed will return the max speed for rolling stock prototypes
http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaE ... type.speed
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Postby Rseding91 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 am

Reika wrote:Rock (the simple-entity type used for decorations) variant, akin to tree_color_index. Both setter and getter. That way moving them can preserve the shape.

They use graphics_variation which is already read/write.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on IRC and Discord.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Previous

Return to Modding interface requests