""Factorio 2""

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

""Factorio 2""

Post by McDuff »

Now that Factorio has hit the 1.0 stage, what are things that you might want to see either in a "Factorio 2" new game or a new direction from the dev team?

The obvious next level for Factorio would be a 3D jump. But rather than the "Satisfactory" full 3D direction, I would like to see a "cube grid" style design system - StationFlow has a cool kind of design aesthetic that would work in a 3D factory sending items up lifts, down slanted belts etc.

However if they don't want to do another Factory Simulator, I would like to see if they could turn their ideas towards something economicsy. There aren't that many decent trade and economy simulators out there, I'd love to see what they could do with the idea.

valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: ""Factorio 2""

Post by valneq »

What are you talking about? Factorio is purrfect. No need to change anything ever again. Or play any other game for that matter.
:roll:

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Less obvious then yo would think. Realize Factorio is just a (the) base mod running in a very optimized custom 2D engine. The engine could run other (base) mods aswel, but besides optional improving of Factorio there are no official announcement about future plans of Wube.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Everytime i see a new production game i imagine how it would look with the Factorio engine.

Examples:
- Big Pharma - produce medicine instead of rocket parts
- Shapez.io - produce colored forms, maybe needs an one lane only option for belts
- Automachef - ... foods ...
Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Cannot be done as mods:

Temperature for items
Advanced electric system
Gases are not same as liquids

Catari64
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Catari64 »

Here's a reply I did from another similar thread.

it's most likely that factorio won't get a sequel partly because there is no adjective better than perfect, which means they will offend their community if they release anything that is not 50 times better than half life 3, and partly because Wube is not the usual AAA game compony.

so they probably will be releasing some other games now factorio is refined and fully optimized but they will be guaranteed to be great and/or cocaine.

Return to “Off topic”