Games Like Factorio

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Games Like Factorio

Post by Factorio2016 »

game factorio is the one! similar in spirit no
English is not my native language. Translator.

Nioxic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nioxic »

the only one i know is Transport tycoon.. the open source version is called OpenTTD and with mods and such it can get quite advanced too

The game does NOT have an end goal and you can essentially keep building, improving and such, on your transport system forever.. which is kind of weird

but the game is completely free and supports different types of mods, multiplayer and such. Graphics are based on the classic game from the mid 90s, but 32bit textures do exist through the ingame modding menu)

ragnablade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ragnablade »

what about transport tycoon (OpenTTD)

Phribos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phribos »

I like Cities Skylines very much!
"if speed one day kills me don't be sad because i was smiling"
Paul Walker

SiC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SiC »

The only thing that comes close in a very weird way is using the editor in ArmA to make missions. Just something about how I start with simple things and things then balloon in complexity. It gives me the same kind of satisfaction of setting things up and getting them to work properly, and then see everything come together... and then when you return to it much later, you have to retrace your own steps to follow the logic of what the hell is going on :D

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Stickman wrote:Has anyone mentioned Big Pharma yet?

-root plays this and got me interested.
I agree, it's similar and quite cool. It's a bit simple, especially compared to Factorio, but it's a great time sink for few hours.

Mindblower
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mindblower »

Maybe this post can help.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

I tried this early access game: http://www.blueprinttycoon.com/

for 3$ a very good game. not the graphic, but the gameplay in the higher tiers. the first tech tree is to simple.

herc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by herc »

There is a little known game diamond called "game of robot". game of robot is more of an adventure / world exploration game, but also a sandbox where you can build your own bridges, digg through walls etc. sadly, the game is in german language only, hence it is so little known worldwide.
i just played the factorio demo , and it awakended those strong memories about one of my most beloved games (game of robot).

(i will post pictures and a link to the game in my second post - because it is not allowed for first-time-posters )

herc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by herc »

There is a little known game diamond called "game of robot". game of robot is more of an adventure / world exploration game, but also a sandbox where you can build your own bridges, digg through walls etc. sadly, the game is in german language only, hence it is so little known worldwide.
i just played the factorio demo , and it awakended those strong memories about one of my most beloved games (game of robot).

(i will post pictures and a link to the game in my second post - because it is not allowed for first-time-posters )

a picture says more than thausand words:

the graphics may look old-fashioned, but that doesnt matter. it is the complexity of the game that fascinates ! the same complexity that can be seen in factorio screenshots and that made me try the demo (and i will certainly buy the full game)

you can download and play the games (4 episodes) here:

http://www.game-of-robot.de/

and here is the world map of game of robot 3:

it is a beautifull adventure on an island. you have to figure out what happened, survive and find your way back to the main land.
oh those memories..

i would wish to build a similiar game-mod using factorio. but that would require probably some deeper modifications .. short question: in factorio: can you have doors that open only with keys , and those keys can be collected somewhere on the map and stored in the inventory ? or can you program that easily using lua scripting ? (sorry for noob questions, very fresh to factorio, quite excited after demo!)

alan2here
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by alan2here »

On the Conway's "game" of life front, the WireWorld cellular automata, in something like Golly.

Here is a computer:
http://www.rudyrucker.com/blog/images/wireworld.jpg

johncostas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johncostas »

Battleborn , world of warcraft.

joseph222
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseph222 »

Ther is one for android

March of industry!!!

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

joseph222 wrote:Ther is one for android

March of industry!!!
A lame and boring ripoff of Factorio...

joseph222
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseph222 »

brunzenstein wrote:
joseph222 wrote:Ther is one for android

March of industry!!!
A lame and boring ripoff of Factorio...
I agree too and its much harder to play too

Stevepunk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stevepunk »

I agree The Settlers 1&2 are good production line games as is X3 Terran Conflict (or Albion Prelude with the latest patch - avoid X Rebirth at all costs though).

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the Anno series. The production queues are much more limited but the game also features city building and trading.

Also, I tried to play The Guild which promised ownership over a slice of medieval life but found it not very user-friendly. And wasn't able to get much industry going.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Stevepunk wrote: I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the Anno series. The production queues are much more limited but the game also features city building and trading.
Played anno 1404:Venice (which was an expansion to anno 1404) For 163 hours, pretty good game :) Sadly the bullshit DRM (steam) Is a joke, and I can't install it anymore.. Max of 3 installs, which I guess isn't overly restrictive, I just have a tendency to reinstall the O/S and update hardware regularly..

I'll give settlers 1+2 a go, I have settlers 7 :path to a kingdom, played (gasp) 405 hours on that one, skirmish mode is a hoot, but again the DRM (ubisoft crap) Means I can't even reinstall this one. And to think I paid good €£$ and am left standing. Just check GOG, and settlers 2 gold edition https://www.gog.com/game/the_settlers_2_gold_edition is only £7.

Anyone played Basement? http://store.steampowered.com/app/340150/ Seems like a nice (odd? you're a drug dealer!) Simulation / Strategy game, not overly sure how close it is to Factorio though!

STEAM SALE STARTING sometime today too!!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

kim_101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kim_101 »

hello everyone,
inspired by Factorio and other similar gmaes,available now on steam greenlight.
anyone interested,search greenlight for Factory Engineer

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

kim_101 wrote:hello everyone,
inspired by Factorio and other similar gmaes,available now on steam greenlight.
anyone interested,search greenlight for Factory Engineer
Let's say heavily inspired by Factorio (and Big Pharma). I like how more than half of the comments on the greenlight page compare it to Factorio.
Screenshots
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well after the Survival game spree there comes the build your factory spree?

If only all these developers stick together and produce the one perfect game :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Off topic”