Docking Station (Gaming) Laptop

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Allstar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Docking Station (Gaming) Laptop

Post by Allstar »

Hello,
My girlfriend would like to start playing Computer Games with me! :) We currently live in different homes and she means literally with me, same room, so we can chat as we play. She doesn't really want to be doing stuff over headset for some reason. :roll: Despite that I'm really exited about this :D

I'm thinking of selling my decent PC and crummy Laptop to buy a Docking Station Gaming Laptop, if such things exist. I can pick-up and go when I want to be mobile and can sit down at the docking station with improved peripherals; Keyboard, Mouse and my 3 Screens which I use for part-time work. This would also save having to worry about where files are for whatever games I'm playing. Ideally the docker should boost the tech of the Laptop somehow, perhaps an off-board graphics card, hard drive for bulkly work files? I'm not sure what's possible.

Do docking station gaming laptops exist?
Would a high performance Laptop with docker be good enough for medium-high gaming?
What brands would people recommend?
What are the advantages/disadvantages?
Are there any alternatives?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Docking Station (Gaming) Laptop

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to off topic.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Docking Station (Gaming) Laptop

Post by steinio »

Thunderbolt 3 can graphic cards these days as it seems: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716 ... -card.html

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Off topic”