Who subscribes to topics?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Who subscribes to topics?

Post by FreeER »

Not sure if this is actually off topic or not but I have to wonder how many people know about and use this feature of the forums.
If you don't know what I'm asking what I mean is when you post a reply you can select the checkbox marked 'Notify me when a reply is posted' and then when someone reply's to a topic you get an email. You can also subscribe by going to the bottom of a topic and there is 'subscribe' link.

I have personally gone into the User Control Panel and found the setting to make the 'notify me' the default when I reply to a topic because if I reply then obviously I care about what is being said :) (if you want to do this it is under UCP->Board Preferences->edit posting defaults. This Link should take you straight to that page if you are logged in)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Who subscribes to topics?

Post by SilverWarior »

Yes topic subscription is a nice feature but make sure that once you get first E-Mails from factorio you add them to trusted mail list othervise they will start going into your SPAM folder.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

I actually never had that problem (yahoo mail) though I do have a SPAM folder that catches about 60 emails a week :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I would welcome a feature that would allow me to unsubscribe from certain highspeed topics (those would be hidden / always at the bottom) of "view all unread posts"
I don't see any advantage in getting everything into my mailbox. (If anything, RSS is way better for such task)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Well, the subscribe button at the bottom of the topic changes from 'subscribe' to 'unsubscribe'. I'm assuming you could use that :) The emails also have a way to unsubscribe (it's the last link in the email). Instead of being subscribed to the 'highspeed topics' why not just check back at the forums board index now and then to see if someone has posted something new?
Though perhaps we should only receive one email until we go and look at the topic, then after looking the first new post would be emailed to us.

If you meant something else (since you mentioned "view all unread posts") then sorry for an extra email :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

MCDomYT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MCDomYT »

i use the subscribe to topics, got it on so i automatically subscribe(now i've just subscribed to this topic :D) great little feature for when i'm on the go i can see if something is posted without having to log on to the website directly.
Thanks
MCDomYT
(Dom)

http://www.youtube.com/MCDomYT

Return to “Off topic”