Forum Games: A Complaint About Their Closure

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Forum Games: A Complaint About Their Closure

Post by olafthecat »

Welp, you can lock this after I'm done, but I'm not happy. Generally, I enjoyed the forums games due to there, unique qualities. They are also old, some stemming back to 2014, when the forums was first around. Generally, they are part of the history of the forum, hence why I request unlocking them to posting. I have seen no complaints about the forums games since I began posting in the forums and although my activity has somewhat, reduced, in recent times and I see no reason for this very sudden and unexpected action. Spamming is a problem on the forum, I understand this and the fact that you all work very hard to prevent it, but forum games add a light hearted feel to the forum and most of all, help members of the community interact in a more, informal fashion.

Please acknowledge my opinion

olafthecat

PS: RIP Forum Games :(
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Forum Games: A Complaint About Their Closure

Post by foodfactorio »

hi olaf :)

i also enjoyed the Logistics Robots thread, because it was quite fun and the posts were clever, showing how a robot could misunderstand a request in a humourous way. I think the main reason is that there are quite a few other posts that people are making, which triggers off notifications and email, but the post is just a 1 word association. (they can still be cool but i dont think the forum has a way to unfollow a thread, and i can understand why some threads are getting locked off or closed)

its ok though, we all had our fun, and (fingers crossed) :) at least the historical threads still exist.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

foodfactorio wrote:its ok though, we all had our fun, and (fingers crossed) at least the historical threads still exist.
They will fade into obscurity though.
At least they weren't outright deleted. ;)
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Adeon Hawkwood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Adeon Hawkwood »

Yeah I agree. I can understand wanting to limit them either in quantity or location but locking them entirely is a bit much. Maybe have a separate sub-forum for them and people who don't want notifications can just turn it off for that sub-forum. As for post count inflation, who cares? Post count is meaningless as a measure of pretty much anything.

Masterfox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Masterfox »

Adeon Hawkwood wrote:Yeah I agree. I can understand wanting to limit them either in quantity or location but locking them entirely is a bit much. Maybe have a separate sub-forum for them and people who don't want notifications can just turn it off for that sub-forum. As for post count inflation, who cares? Post count is meaningless as a measure of pretty much anything.
Also, phpBB allows for ignoring certain sub-forums when it comes to postcount, so that would be the best solution.

Return to “Off topic”