Portal Gun (What would you do?)

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Portal Gun (What would you do?)

Post by olafthecat »

So, one day you hear a knock at the door.
You open it but find no one there, only a small cardboard box.
Upon picking it up and turning it over, you see the Aperture Science logo.
Let's say for this scenario that this happens to you, about...now.
What would you do with it?
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Portal Gun (What would you do?)

Post by impetus maximus »

i would tell you, but it would not be appropriate for the forums. :lol:

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Would probably use it to try and unbalance myself. If you have two really near yourself on either side you could apply force to your back like that. Its kinda hard to think exactly how that would work.

Also would consider trying to create a perpetual motion machine via gravity assist
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

impetus maximus wrote:i would tell you, but it would not be appropriate for the forums. :lol:
I would agree! :lol:
That's all.

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Since you didn't state "taking it apart and making more isn't allowed" in the rules...

Scenario 1: I'm not a asshole.
I would immediately start disassembling it and reverse-engineer it for the schematics. I would then create more portal guns and patent them, and then I would make a startup shipping company that would use portals to transport goods almost instantaneously. My service would boast enormously low shipping rates, and since it uses portals: no shipping time. I would outcompete USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL and all the other major parcel and postal companies in a matter of weeks, and I would possibly be the first trillionaire in the world. I would donate millions to charities on a daily basis, and I would pay off the U.S. Federal Debt in one lump sum. Everyone will be in my gratitude and everyone would love me. 8-)

Scenario 2: I'm a bit of an asshole.
I would just dick around and screw with my friends. Travel? Pshhh... Why fly or drive when you can just *be* there? I could pop in at my friend's house in Hawaii all the way from Texas anytime I wanted. I could do pretty much anything I wanted, whenever I wanted. I could create the fastest connection between my friend's computer and my computer, by simply running a ethernet cable from my friend's computer, through the portal, and to my router.

Scenario 3: I'm an asshole.
I would start robbing banks. Lots of them. Who can figure out a crime when the getaway vehicle... was never there? I could steal electronics, money, art, gems, whatever! You name it, I now own it. WYIM! I would quickly amass a reputation among underground criminal syndicates, and I would most likely become the leader of one. I would rule the US with organized crime in a matter of months, similar to Chicago circa 1920's. Anyone and everyone would answer to me, and the police wouldn't dare try to arrest me, 'lest they face the consequences of messing with one of the most powerful, wealthy, and influential people in the would, much less the US.

So, those are my ideas, got any suggestions? ;)
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I would get beers from my fridge directly from my couch.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Koub wrote:I would get beers from my fridge directly from my couch.
I expected this and I don't blame you. ;)
I don't really know what I could do with it, aside from creating a new, quieter way to get downstairs with waking anyone up.
That's all.

Return to “Off topic”