When you take circuit design way too seriously.

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Demongornot
Inserter
Inserter

When you take circuit design way too seriously.

Post by Demongornot »

And start using your board to write the maths and make a complex percentage based, oil processing controlling Curcuits setup rather than using the usual block the pump over/under said amount :D
IMG_20171003_141123.jpg
IMG_20171003_141123.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 4634 times
In my oil setup, in it's electric grid, a wire send toward all the setup the percentage of each resources, which include : Crude, Heavy, Light Oil, Gas, Water, Steam, Coal(On storage for the Coal Liquefaction), Lubricant, Sulphuric acid, Sulphur and Plastic.

My setup also automatically count all Chemical Plants/Refinery for each action (like Heavy to Light Oil conversion or Heavy Oil to solid fuel) with a +1 each time, but rather than being all linked to the same wire, the previous is link to the input of an arithmetic combinator, and it output previous +1 to the next power pole, and so on, this signal is BLACK.
Not only it count how many Chemical Plants I have, but assign them a unique "id" number.

From here, my circuit setup which is for converting oils, start by checking percentage of let's say heavy and light oil, I can set a minimum required amount of input (heavy oil) and a maximum amount of output (light oil).
It does his calculation and output a number based on the percentage of desired Chemical Plants/Refinery to be activated, if I have 8 of them and I need to enable half, well the output signal WHITE will be 4, the Pumps and Inserter having activation condition of BLACK > WHITE, only the 4 first will be enabled.
And this setup is basically the same for both Oil conversion, the exception is just on two Arithmetic Combinator where Heavy and Light Oil and Light Oil and Gas will be switched, and it work the same, it can also control every other things which require a single of the product I send it's percentage on the Oil Network and produce one of them, like Lubricant or Plastic.

If you are curious !
This is a temporary design and it does not use water percentage yet, but I don't know if I will ever include it since it is easy to have full water tanks everywhere, if I do, it will be the same circuit as as for Input (here Heavy Oil) anyway, so nothing complicated.
Circuit controller Blueprint
Heavy to Light oil conversion
Heavy Oil tanks
Heavy Oil Percentage calculator
Light Oil tanks
Light Oil Percentage calculator
Except linking the pipes, big power poles and put connect them with a green wire, you have nothing to do, and the design is 100% expandable without requiring a single modification.
But this is my first version so there might be some changes anyway.
Or if have the Creative Mode mod and you want a demo setup, here it is
With this last blueprint, if you have the Creative Mode mod, you have nothing else to do than put it down and watch it operate.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: When you take circuit design way too seriously.

Post by olafthecat »

I'm assuming by the white board that you are a teacher playing factorio at school.
;)
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

olafthecat wrote:I'm assuming by the white board that you are a teacher playing factorio at school.
;)
Not necessarily. He could just have a whiteboard at his house. It's not unheard of.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

I guess that does make sense...but what is with the square monitor.
The computers at my school use square monitors made by DELL (happen to be using one at this moment!) and do not have the best display.
What I can see here is a DELL 1440X900 (Probably should have said square-ish) monitor.
There is a sticker in the top left hand corner, but I cannot read what it says, may just be details about the monitor.
There is also a black shape at the bottom of the screen, which could either be a cushion or a misplaced bag of sorts, which you can see all the time in class rooms.
Finally the board has a magnetic wiper, which are again, found in schools.
That's all.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

olafthecat wrote:I guess that does make sense...but what is with the square monitor.
The computers at my school use square monitors made by DELL (happen to be using one at this moment!) and do not have the best display.
What I can see here is a DELL 1440X900 (Probably should have said square-ish) monitor.
There is a sticker in the top left hand corner, but I cannot read what it says, may just be details about the monitor.
There is also a black shape at the bottom of the screen, which could either be a cushion or a misplaced bag of sorts, which you can see all the time in class rooms.
Finally the board has a magnetic wiper, which are again, found in schools.
It could be in a school, but it's not impossible for it to be in a home. You're basically saying that because it's an old monitor it's at a school (I have an old 4:3 monitor where I live). You're also saying that some random Unidentifiable Black Objuct (UBO) found in this scene is at a school. Again, this is possible (and even likely), but he could have brought his bag home, or it could be a beanbag or something. Also, who says that he (or she, I suppose) couldn't have gotten that kind of eraser for their home whiteboard?

Anyway, this discussion seems pointless, so I think I'll end it here.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Ok
That's all.

Demongornot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Demongornot »

Nope, I am just a nerd and I use it for writing quick and temps things when I code softwares or do maths and other things.
It is easy to erase so way better than paper and hand writing like that is IMO faster and than using a software.
The board is actually on my bedroom next to my computer's left screen.

Oh and also my monitor is a 1920/1080 Acer 22", I have two of them around a 27" one.
And the black thing is actually just sponge bracelet for when I do sport or when the planet is broken because of IRL Factorio and the weather is too hot :D

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

The more you know :D
That's all.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

I have a BENQ 1920x1080 60* HDMI senseye 3 LED monitor.
Not the best, but it does the job and looks pretty good at the same time.
That's all.

Demongornot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Demongornot »

1920x1080@60Hz is probably the most common monitor resolution among those who have a computer and play video games, 1440p is popular and even if 4K is really hyped it is still expensive and don't give that much more than 2k for human eyes to justify its price, so of course that it does the job. :D

Return to “Off topic”