Why I left Reddit is surprisingly obvious...

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Why I left Reddit is surprisingly obvious...

Post by featherwinglove »

I haven't logged in in a while, but I've been tracking my votes. On my submissions overview which moderators can't affect by deleting my stuff, it is astonishingly obvious why I left Reddit, especially if you click on any of the last three. Is it normal to get banned from a sub and muted from modmail when asking for help? was deleted from /r/modhelp. There isn't a much more official "Yes" between that and a response directly from the people who fired /u/chooter. I've experienced some of it: /r/modhelp also interrupted a modmail conversation with a mute, and I picked up at least one stalker who began spamming my submissions on other subs with hate.

This is why it isn't so obvious what my favorite sub on Reddit is, and, as near as I can tell, the only place you can go on Reddit where you're pretty much guaranteed never to encounter this kind of nonsense. I deliberately drove that sub off the first page of my default overview before ending all activity, in order to prevent the bad moderators who started stalking me from /r/modhelp from finding it and causing trouble there. If you haven't already guessed what that favorite sub is, it is /r/factorio.

Quad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Why I left Reddit is surprisingly obvious...

Post by Quad »

Hey featherwinglove, I was pointed to this post by a friend of mine and I just want to say thank you for this write up, myself and the other moderators of /r/Factorio have always tried to do what we think is best for the community, and when we doubt our own decisions we turn towards the community for all the right answers.

Thank you. :)

Zirr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zirr »

Feel free to come back under an alt if you want to at one point :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

tbh I have never understood how reddit works. Must be too old.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Zirr wrote:Feel free to come back under an alt if you want to at one point :)
That would certainly be an /r/factorio-only account if I did, and I probably would avoid identifying it with /u/featherwinglove in any obvious way. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

For those just joining, Zirr founded /r/factorio. He's probably the second best moderator on Reddit, after /u/chooter (irl Victoria Taylor, who was wrongfully dismissed from the Reddit staff on 2015 July 2. /r/iama, which allows famous people to have conversations with their fans easily, had a ream of practical issues as a result, forced to shut down. A whole bunch of other subs shut down in protest. They came back up, but Reddit will never be the same again, especially /r/iama. If you want to learn more, I recommend starting here.)

Return to “Off topic”